Alternative Treatment Methods For Vasculitis
Vasculitis is a general term that refers to the inflammation of blood vessels. White blood cells circulate and serve as our major defense against infection. Ordinarily, white blood cells destroy bacteria and viruses. However, they can also damage normal tissue if they invade it. The symptoms of vasculitis depend on which blood vessels are involved and what organs in the body are affected. Vasculitis can affect any of the body's blood vessels. These include arteries, veins, and capillaries. The disorder may occur alone or with other disorders such as temporal arteritis. Also called angiitis, vasculitis causes changes in the walls of your blood vessels, such as thickening, weakening, narrowing and scarring. The disorder may be localized to the skin, or it may manifest in other organs. The internal organs most commonly affected are the gastrointestinal tract and the kidneys. Joints are also commonly affected.
Vasculitis can sometimes develop after an infection has come and gone. The swelling associated with vasculitis occurs when the damaged blood vessels leak. There are some types of vasculitis that occur in certain age groups more than others. Vasculitis can also accompany infections, such as hepatitis B; exposure to chemicals, such as amphetamines and cocaine; cancers, such as lymphomas and multiple myeloma; and rheumatic diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis.
The actual cause of these vasculitis diseases is usually not known. However, immune system abnormality and inflammation of blood vessels are common features. There are many types of vasculitis, and vasculitis can affect people of all ages. Some age groups are affected more than others, depending on the type of vasculitis. Treatment for vasculitis depends on the severity of the disorder and the individual's general health.
Causes of Vasculitis
The common causes and risk factor's of Vasculitis include the following:
The exect cause of vasculitis diseases is usually not known.
Foods or food additives may cause vasculitis.
An allergic reaction to a medication may trigger vasculitis.
Symptoms of Vasculitis
Some symptoms related to Vasculitis are as follows:
Muscle and joint pain.
Loss of appetite.
Generally feeling bad (malaise).
Myalgias or arthralgias.
Loss of energy.
Treatmwnt of Vasculitis
Here is list of the methods for treating Vasculitis:
Typically, cortisone-related medications, such as prednisone, are used.
Patients with severe visceral involvement may require high doses of corticosteroids with or without an immunosuppressive agent (eg, cyclophosphamide, azathioprine, methotrexate, mycophenolate mofetil).
In other instances, when critical organs such as the lungs, brain or kidneys are involved, aggressive and timely treatment is necessary.
Cytotoxic medications are usually used in combination with prednisone and are often effective in treating vasculitis.
Surgical care for patients with vasculitis is rarely needed.
Hot Topics In Alternative Medicine
The number three is ruled by the priest of the celestials - Jupiter Jove or
Those born on 3 12 21 30 are all having 3 as their birth number.
- Parkinson's Disease - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
- Triphala: The Cure of All Sorrows
- Boils Diagnosis and Treatment
- Ulcerative Colitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
- New alternative hair loss treatment technique significantly improving Rogaine effect.
- How Acai Berries Can Keep You Looking Younger For Longer
- Conventional Medical Treatment for Hives
- Aromatherapy's Core Antidepressant: Sweet-Tart Bergamot
- Plastic Surgery
- Cetyl Myristoleate for Arthrtis: Science or Speculation?
- Binge Eating Causes Symptoms Information with Treatment
- The New Earth-Friendly Alternative to Indian Sandalwood Oil
- Do You Need Chigger Bite Help, Tonight?
- Pneumonia Information
- Are You Suffering From Narcissism?
- Lichen Planus Treatment Tips
- Taking Alternative Medicine For Rheumatoid Arthritis Is It Effective?
- What Causes Vertigo and Dizziness?
- ACL Injuries
- Bacterial Vaginitis
- Bone Cancer
- Canker Sores
- Colon Cancer
- Crystal Healing
- Digestive Disorders
- Drugs and Medication
- Elder Care
- Health Insurance
- Hearing Loss
- Holistic Medicine
- Home Workout
- Ingrown Hair
- Kidney Infection
- Massage Therapy
- Mouth Ulcers
- Nasal Congestion
- Panic Attack
- Pregnancy Fitness
- Pregnancy Loss
- Skin Allergy
- Sports Health
- Varicose Veins
- Weight Training
- Yeast Infection
- Alternative A-Z | Beauty A-Z | Disease & Conditions A-Z | Fitness A-Z | Health A-Z | Home Life A-Z | Medicine A-Z | Remedies A-Z | Disease Therapy A-Z
- Health Topics | Articles | Encyclopedia | Glossaries | Directories | Archives | Rss Channel | Blog | China Health Online | 365 Health Online | InfoDaily
- ADHD Remedies
- Alternative Medicine
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Chinese Medicine
- Complementary Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Flower Remedies
- Folk Medicine
- Healing Remedies
- Healthy Recipes
- Herbal Medicines
- Herbal Remedies
- Herbs Medicine
- Holistic Remedies
- Home Remedies
- Integrated Medicine
- Natural Remedies
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Tibetan Medicine
- Western Medicine