Dariers Disease - Prevention Tips and Treatment Methods
Darier disease is also known as keratosis follicularis. Darier's disease affects both men & women. It is not catching or due to an allergy, it runs in certain families. Darier's disease is hereditary and dominant. This disease may occur during or later than the teenage years. The disease affects the outermost layer of the skin, the epidermis, which thickens around the hair follicles. These lesions become darker over time and commonly fuse, forming papillomatous and warty malodorous growths. The skin cells (keratinocytes) stick together via structures called desmosomes and it seems the desmosomes do not assemble properly if there is insufficient calcium. Darier's disease is hereditary and dominant. This disease may occur during or later than the teenage years.
Signs and symptoms of Darier's disease vary between individuals. First signs of the condition usually appear somewhere between the ages of 6 and 20, but it may begin when people are older or rarely younger. In case of an affected individual the severity of the disease can fluctuate over time. The lesions of the skin are characterised by greasy and scaly papules which tend to occur over the seborrhoeic areas of the face, neck, back and central chest. Widespread infection of the skin the skin with the herpes simplex (coldsore) virus is a well recognised complication. This can cause a severe flare and patients can feel quite unwell. Treatment is required only if there are troublesome symptoms.
The main treatment of the dariers disease is protection from the heat or sunlight. If symptoms are particularly severe then a trial of an oral retinoid medication such as acitretin or isotretinoin may be effective. Ciclosporin has been reported to be effective in a few patients. Secondary bacterial infection should be treated with antibiotics, and herpes simplex with antiviral agents. Properly during summer it is necessary to use sunscreen, cool clothing & avoidance of hot environments which helps to protect from heat. There are some surgical methods available such as electrosurgery, mohs micrographic surgery and another is dermabrasion. There is no medical cure for dariers disease but drug like accutane may be useful.
Dariers Disease -Prevention and Treatment Tips
1. Selection of the right clothing to avoid heat and sweating are usually sufficient.
2. Properly during summer it is necessary to use sunscreen.
3. Ciclosporin is also effective treatment for dariers disease.
4. Oral retinoid medication such as acitretin or isotretinoin may be effective.
5. Topical 5-fluorouracil has been used effectively in a few patients.
6. Oral contraceptives have been reported to help with perimenstrual DD flares
7. Etretinate has been reported useful if acitretin fails.
Hot Topics In Alternative Medicine
The number three is ruled by the priest of the celestials - Jupiter Jove or
Those born on 3 12 21 30 are all having 3 as their birth number.
- Parkinson's Disease - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
- Triphala: The Cure of All Sorrows
- Boils Diagnosis and Treatment
- Ulcerative Colitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
- New alternative hair loss treatment technique significantly improving Rogaine effect.
- How Acai Berries Can Keep You Looking Younger For Longer
- Conventional Medical Treatment for Hives
- Aromatherapy's Core Antidepressant: Sweet-Tart Bergamot
- Plastic Surgery
- Pilonidal cyst - Prevention Tips and Treatment Methods
- ST JOHN'S WORT OIL AND HOW IT CAN HELP WITH TENNIS ELBOW
- Benefits of Amla - Prevent Aging and Promote Longevity
- Kidney Infection - What causes kidney infection?
- Xiao Yao Wan for making you stress free
- Athlete Foot Causes and Advanced Treatment
- Guide To Constipation Relief
- GUARD Your Infant Against GERD
- Constipation and Bowel movements
- Gas Gangrene - Definition, Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
- Alexander Technique
- Arm Exercises
- Brain Cancer
- Cell Biology
- Congenital Disorders
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Enzyme Therapy
- Eye Health
- Fungal Infection
- Hair Removal
- Healthy Diet
- High Blood Pressure
- Immune Disorders
- Insect Bites
- Klinefelter's Syndrome
- Liver Failure
- Meniere's Disease
- Neck Pain
- Personal Care
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Skin Tanning
- Teen Health
- Alternative A-Z | Beauty A-Z | Disease & Conditions A-Z | Fitness A-Z | Health A-Z | Home Life A-Z | Medicine A-Z | Remedies A-Z | Disease Therapy A-Z
- Health Topics | Articles | Encyclopedia | Glossaries | Directories | Archives | Rss Channel | Blog | China Health Online | 365 Health Online | InfoDaily
- ADHD Remedies
- Alternative Medicine
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Chinese Medicine
- Complementary Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Flower Remedies
- Folk Medicine
- Healing Remedies
- Healthy Recipes
- Herbal Medicines
- Herbal Remedies
- Herbs Medicine
- Holistic Remedies
- Home Remedies
- Integrated Medicine
- Natural Remedies
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Tibetan Medicine
- Western Medicine