Henoch Schonlein Purpura Treatment Information
Rheumatica purpura (HSP or anaphylactoid purpura) is a form of inflammation of the blood vessels, or vasculitis. Inflammation of blood vessels can cause bleeding into your skin. It occurs mainly in children. HSP affects small arterial vessels in the skin, gastrointestinal tract, and often the kidneys. HSP causes skin rash, most prominent on the buttocks and lower extremities behind the inflammation associated with cramps and pain in the abdomen.and many cases follow an upper respiratory tract infection. Half of the affected children are under five, although the involvement of the kidneys is more likely to be serious in older children.
Compared with children, adults are more serious and frequent kidney involvement. It is more common in boys than girls. The symptoms usually last about a month. Recurrence are not common, but they occur. The treatment of HSP is directed toward the most important area of intervention. Joint pain can be relieved by anti-inflammatory medications, such as aspirin or ibuprofen (Motrin). Some patients may require cortisone drugs, such as prednisone, especially those abdominal pain or kidney. Plasmapheresis was also used in a number of patients with serious illnesses while its effectiveness is uncertain.
Henoch Schonlein Purpura Treatment and Prevention Tips
1. Steroids are generally avoided.
2. Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) has been used to suppress the immune system.
3. Prednisone can help people with severe joint and stomach pain.
5. Kidney transplantation can be performed in those patients who progress to end-stage kidney disease.
Hot Topics In Alternative Medicine
The number three is ruled by the priest of the celestials - Jupiter Jove or
Those born on 3 12 21 30 are all having 3 as their birth number.
- Parkinson's Disease - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
- Triphala: The Cure of All Sorrows
- Boils Diagnosis and Treatment
- Ulcerative Colitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
- New alternative hair loss treatment technique significantly improving Rogaine effect.
- How Acai Berries Can Keep You Looking Younger For Longer
- Conventional Medical Treatment for Hives
- Aromatherapy's Core Antidepressant: Sweet-Tart Bergamot
- Plastic Surgery
- Is Healthy Living an Attainable Goal?
- How to Decide of an Alternative Health Product Will Work for You
- Syzygium - Cumini, (Linn) Skeels
- Psychological Therapies Information
- Is Bulimia a Psychological Eating Disorder
- Gardner's syndrome Detailed Information
- Complicated Sinusitis Information
- The Alternative Medicine Debate
- What Makes Hemorrhoids Itch?
- Zhen Nao Ning can give you relief from migraine
- Back Pain
- Body Care
- Body Odor
- Chair Massage
- Circuit Training
- Color Therapies
- Dental Health
- Diaper Rash
- Eating Disorder
- Endocrine Disorders
- Facial Exercise
- Genital Warts
- Health Equipments
- Herbal Medicines
- Injuries and Wounds
- Kidney Cancer
- Light Therapy
- Marfan Syndrome
- Oral Diseases
- Pain Relief
- Pyloric Stenosis
- Sexual Health
- Sleep Apnea
- Thyroid Disorder
- Worm Disease
- Alternative A-Z | Beauty A-Z | Disease & Conditions A-Z | Fitness A-Z | Health A-Z | Home Life A-Z | Medicine A-Z | Remedies A-Z | Disease Therapy A-Z
- Health Topics | Articles | Encyclopedia | Glossaries | Directories | Archives | Rss Channel | Blog | China Health Online | 365 Health Online | InfoDaily
- ADHD Remedies
- Alternative Medicine
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Chinese Medicine
- Complementary Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Flower Remedies
- Folk Medicine
- Healing Remedies
- Healthy Recipes
- Herbal Medicines
- Herbal Remedies
- Herbs Medicine
- Holistic Remedies
- Home Remedies
- Integrated Medicine
- Natural Remedies
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Tibetan Medicine
- Western Medicine