Hyponatremia Treatment Information
Hyponatremia is a condition known as "water intoxication. "Hyponatremia is abnormally low concentration of sodium in the blood. Hyponatremia occurs when the sodium in the blood is diluted by excess water. Hyponatremia may result from the condition that impair excretion of water from your body, or a significant increase in water consumption, for athletes participating in marathons and other endurance events high. Among the causes medicines and the syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone. Hypervolemic hyponatremia can be caused by congestive heart failure and liver cirrhosis.
Excessive drinking water sometimes hyponatremia, because water absorption into the bloodstream may dilute sodium in the blood. Excessive drinking of beer, which is basically water and low sodium, can also produce hyponatremia when combined with a poor diet. Hyponatremia affects all races. Hyponatremia is more common in the elderly population because of the impact of comorbid extend that can be complicated by hyponatremia. Hyponatremia is the most common electrolyte disturbances in the United States. Symptoms of hyponatremia general weakness, dehydration, confusion, nausea and fatigue.
Hyponatremia treatment is directed at the underlying cause, if it can be identified and corrected. Severe hyponatremia can be treated by infusing a solution of 5% sodium chloride in water into the bloodstream. Moderate hyponatremia due to use of diuretics or an abnormal increase in vasopressin is often treated by instructions to drink less water each day. Hyponatremia due to adrenal gland insufficiency is treated with hormone injections. If you have to watch your sodium or glucose intake, consider taking sodium- and glucose-free electrolyte tablets. Do not drink soda, iced tea, coffee, or alcohol and eat a banana each day
Hyponatremia Treatment and Prevention Tips
1. Eat a banana each day.
2. Do not drink soda, iced tea, coffee, or alcohol.
3. Pharmacological agents can be used in some cases of more refractory SIADH.
4. Avoid giving hypotonic intravenous fluids because they may exacerbate cerebral edema.
5. Intravenous fluids (IV) administration of a sodium solution to raise the sodium levels in your blood.
6. Adrenal insufficiency, can help prevent you from experiencing low blood sodium.
Hot Topics In Alternative Medicine
The number three is ruled by the priest of the celestials - Jupiter Jove or
Those born on 3 12 21 30 are all having 3 as their birth number.
- Parkinson's Disease - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
- Triphala: The Cure of All Sorrows
- Boils Diagnosis and Treatment
- Ulcerative Colitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
- New alternative hair loss treatment technique significantly improving Rogaine effect.
- How Acai Berries Can Keep You Looking Younger For Longer
- Conventional Medical Treatment for Hives
- Aromatherapy's Core Antidepressant: Sweet-Tart Bergamot
- Plastic Surgery
- Back To The Plants
- Cirrhosis Causes Symptoms Information with Treatment
- Do You Have Acid Reflux?
- Benefits of Amla: Prevent Aging and Promote Longevity
- Zollinger Ellison Syndrome - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
- What to Expect from Anorexia Nervosa Treatment
- Genital Herpes - Definition, Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
- Sea Salt is Used As a Laxative to Assist the Body
- Mullein Health Benefits
- What Is Cellulite And How We Can Get Rid Of It?
- Abdominal Pain
- Cardio Exercise
- Cervical Cancer
- Child Health
- Face Care
- Fasting and Cleansing
- Genital Herpes
- Infectious Disease
- Joubert Syndrome
- Juice Therapy
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Myocardial Infarction
- Oily Skin
- Oral Surgery
- Pain Management
- Personal Training
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Senior Health
- Skin Disorders
- Thyroid Cancer
- Trail Running
- Wilson's Disease
- Alternative A-Z | Beauty A-Z | Disease & Conditions A-Z | Fitness A-Z | Health A-Z | Home Life A-Z | Medicine A-Z | Remedies A-Z | Disease Therapy A-Z
- Health Topics | Articles | Encyclopedia | Glossaries | Directories | Archives | Rss Channel | Blog | China Health Online | 365 Health Online | InfoDaily
- ADHD Remedies
- Alternative Medicine
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Chinese Medicine
- Complementary Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Flower Remedies
- Folk Medicine
- Healing Remedies
- Healthy Recipes
- Herbal Medicines
- Herbal Remedies
- Herbs Medicine
- Holistic Remedies
- Home Remedies
- Integrated Medicine
- Natural Remedies
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Tibetan Medicine
- Western Medicine