Liver spots Diagnosis and Treatment
Liver spots are flat brown-black spots that usually occur in sun-exposed areas of the body. Liver spots also known as age spots. Age spots are very common in adults older than age 40, they can affect younger people as well. Although frequently associated with overexposure to sun, they also occur from unknown causes. Liver spots are changes in skin color associated with older skin. The increased pigmentation may be brought on by aging, exposure to sun or other forms of ultraviolet light, or other unknown causes. They are harmless and painless, but they may affect the cosmetic appearance. Occasionally, liver spots may obscure the diagnosis of skin cancers.The spots are usually flat, tan or light brown, oval or irregularly shaped, and always have sharply defined borders.
They range from about 1/8-inch to 1-inch in diameter. The main symptom is a skin lesion that is a painless, flat patch or macule (area of skin color change). Liver spots can be lightened with skin-bleaching products or removed by freezing with liquid nitrogen (cryotherapy). Age spots can be treated with freezing, acids, skin sanding, electric needle and any other methods which causes a superficial destruction of the skin. These methods frequently leave white spots and occasionally scars. Lasers are much more precise and less damaging to the skin because light is used to selectively remove the pigment without damaging the normal surrounding skin.. Other topical treatments include the use of vitamin C products and mandelic acid products.
These may help speed up the process of fading the spots, and the use of mandelic acid or kojic acid can do it with little or no irritation. Avoid sweets, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, and junk foods. Liquid nitrogen therapy is the quickest way to get rid of age spots. Liquid nitrogen is air that is so cold that it is in liquid form (-321F). The esthetician sprays the liquid nitrogen onto the age spot and this causes the mark to turn white a month or so after treatment. Vitamin C An antioxidant, vitamin C helps tissue repair. Vitamin E Take 1 vitamin E capsule (400 I.U.) daily; at night puncture another capsule and rub the oil on the spots and leave it on overnight. Zinc another mineral supplement to take is zinc. Take 15 mg a day for one to two months.
Liver Spots Treatment and Prevention Tips
1. Use sunglasses to protect the eyes.
2. Apply sunscreen at least a half hour before exposure.
3. Wear protective clothing such as hats, long-sleeved shirts, long skirts, or pants.
4. Sunlight is most intense at midday, so try to avoid exposure during these hours.
5. Use high quality sunscreens, preferably with SPF (sun protection factor) ratings of at least 15.
6. Avoid sweets, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, and junk foods.
7. Liquid nitrogen therapy is the quickest way to get rid of age spots
8. Zinc another mineral supplement to take is zinc.
Hot Topics In Alternative Medicine
The number three is ruled by the priest of the celestials - Jupiter Jove or
Those born on 3 12 21 30 are all having 3 as their birth number.
- Parkinson's Disease - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
- Triphala: The Cure of All Sorrows
- Boils Diagnosis and Treatment
- Ulcerative Colitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
- New alternative hair loss treatment technique significantly improving Rogaine effect.
- How Acai Berries Can Keep You Looking Younger For Longer
- Conventional Medical Treatment for Hives
- Aromatherapy's Core Antidepressant: Sweet-Tart Bergamot
- Plastic Surgery
- Conventional Medical Treatment for Bronchitis
- Pustular Psoriasis Treatment Tips
- Alopecia - Definition, Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
- Dizziness And Nausea
- Osteporosis - Prevention Tips and Treatment Methods
- Conventional Medical Treatment for Burns
- Skin Benefits of Cucumber - Makes Your Skin Smooth
- Lithium Treatment Information
- Alleviating Dust Mite Allergies
- Port Wine Stains Treatment Tips
- ACL Injuries
- Bacterial Vaginitis
- Bone Cancer
- Canker Sores
- Colon Cancer
- Crystal Healing
- Digestive Disorders
- Drugs and Medication
- Elder Care
- Health Insurance
- Hearing Loss
- Holistic Medicine
- Home Workout
- Ingrown Hair
- Kidney Infection
- Massage Therapy
- Mouth Ulcers
- Nasal Congestion
- Panic Attack
- Pregnancy Fitness
- Pregnancy Loss
- Skin Allergy
- Sports Health
- Varicose Veins
- Weight Training
- Yeast Infection
- Alternative A-Z | Beauty A-Z | Disease & Conditions A-Z | Fitness A-Z | Health A-Z | Home Life A-Z | Medicine A-Z | Remedies A-Z | Disease Therapy A-Z
- Health Topics | Articles | Encyclopedia | Glossaries | Directories | Archives | Rss Channel | Blog | China Health Online | 365 Health Online | InfoDaily
- ADHD Remedies
- Alternative Medicine
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Chinese Medicine
- Complementary Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Flower Remedies
- Folk Medicine
- Healing Remedies
- Healthy Recipes
- Herbal Medicines
- Herbal Remedies
- Herbs Medicine
- Holistic Remedies
- Home Remedies
- Integrated Medicine
- Natural Remedies
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Tibetan Medicine
- Western Medicine