Morton's Neuroma Treatment Tips
Morton neuroma, or interdigital neuroma, is a common condition that involves enlargement of the interdigital nerve of the foot. It is associated with pain, swelling and/or an inflammation of a nerve, usually at the ball-of-the-foot between the 3rd and 4th toes. Morton neuroma most commonly affects the third intermetatarsal space, but it can also affect the second intermetatarsal space, although it does so less often. It usually in response to irritation, trauma or excessive pressure. The incidence of Morton's neuroma is 8 to 10 times greater in women than in men. Morton's Neuroma is a foot condition caused from an abnormal function of the foot that leads to bones squeezing a nerve usually between the 3rd and 4th metatarsal heads.
Compression or irritation of the nerve can lead to the development of a neuroma. Symptoms of Morton's Neuroma often occur during or after you have been placing significant pressure on the forefoot area, while walking, standing, jumping, or sprinting. This condition can also be caused by footwear selection. People with certain foot deformitiesbunions, hammertoes, flatfeet, or more flexible feet are at higher risk for developing a neuroma. Other potential causes are activities that involve repetitive irritation to the ball of the foot, such as running or racquet sports. An injury or other type of trauma to the area may also lead to a neuroma. Highest prevalence of Morton's neuroma is found in patients aged 15-50 years, but the condition may occur in any ambulatory patient.
Many/most patients with MN can be successfully treated with a combination of altered shoe wear, insert therapy, and cortisone injections. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen, help reduce the pain and inflammation. Steroids are medications that reduce inflammation. An injection of a corticosteroid medication in the area of the neuroma may reduce pain. In some cases, surgery may be needed to remove the thickened tissue. This can help relieve pain and improve foot function. Wear supportive shoes to help ease Morton's Neuroma pain. Wear metatarsal pads that help separate the foot bones and relieve pressure on the pinched nerve to ease Morton's Neuroma pain. Use supportive insoles in your shoes to help treat the pain of Morton's Neuroma.
Morton's Neuroma Treatment and Prevention Tips
1. Massage also help relieve Morton's Neuroma pain.
2. Wear metatarsal pads that help separate the foot bones.
3. Use supportive insoles in your shoes to help treat the pain of Morton's Neuroma.
4. Wear supportive shoes to help ease Morton's Neuroma pain.
5. Avoid ill-fitting shoes. Wear shoes with a wide toe box.
6. Wear sandals but avoid high heels.
Hot Topics In Alternative Medicine
The number three is ruled by the priest of the celestials - Jupiter Jove or
Those born on 3 12 21 30 are all having 3 as their birth number.
- Parkinson's Disease - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
- Triphala: The Cure of All Sorrows
- Boils Diagnosis and Treatment
- Ulcerative Colitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
- New alternative hair loss treatment technique significantly improving Rogaine effect.
- How Acai Berries Can Keep You Looking Younger For Longer
- Conventional Medical Treatment for Hives
- Aromatherapy's Core Antidepressant: Sweet-Tart Bergamot
- Plastic Surgery
- Bad Breath - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
- Petasites officinalis health benefits
- The Curative Powers Of Cupping
- Dark Circles Around Eyes - Get rid of them
- Bilberry Bush Health Benefits
- Surgery for Diverticultis
- How to Heal From Palpitation
- Cystitis - Prevention Tips and Treatment Methods
- Ecthyma Diagnosis and Treatment
- Lichen Planus - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
- Alexander Technique
- Arm Exercises
- Brain Cancer
- Cell Biology
- Congenital Disorders
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Enzyme Therapy
- Eye Health
- Fungal Infection
- Hair Removal
- Healthy Diet
- High Blood Pressure
- Immune Disorders
- Insect Bites
- Klinefelter's Syndrome
- Liver Failure
- Meniere's Disease
- Neck Pain
- Personal Care
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Skin Tanning
- Teen Health
- Alternative A-Z | Beauty A-Z | Disease & Conditions A-Z | Fitness A-Z | Health A-Z | Home Life A-Z | Medicine A-Z | Remedies A-Z | Disease Therapy A-Z
- Health Topics | Articles | Encyclopedia | Glossaries | Directories | Archives | Rss Channel | Blog | China Health Online | 365 Health Online | InfoDaily
- ADHD Remedies
- Alternative Medicine
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Chinese Medicine
- Complementary Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Flower Remedies
- Folk Medicine
- Healing Remedies
- Healthy Recipes
- Herbal Medicines
- Herbal Remedies
- Herbs Medicine
- Holistic Remedies
- Home Remedies
- Integrated Medicine
- Natural Remedies
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Tibetan Medicine
- Western Medicine