Chinese Medicine for Better Digestion
All of us want to feel our best, and in Chinese medicine, that means having good energy. We get our energy from the air we breathe and the food we eat. Unfortunately, while many of us eat well, we often have poor digestion, which can translate into low energy, fatigue, and a host of other health problems.
The Chinese view digestion almost like a pot of nutritious soup in your body simmering over a low flame. Foods that are added to the soup can enhance or dramatically hinder how well it cooks. For example, if you add ice cold foods to the soup, it will dampen the flame and the soup will stop cooking. This will ultimately take energy to bring the soup back to the simmering point. The same is true for a lot of raw fruits and vegetables. Rather than enhancing our energy level, eating the wrong foods can actually deplete our energy. A better plan is to "predigest" foods if possible to make the nutrients more available and enhance energy.
Here are some things that you can do to improve your digestion and get the most nutrition from the food you eat:
-Very cold or raw foods take a lot of energy to digest, and eaten frequently can put a strain on your digestion. "Predigest" your fruits and vegetables by sauting or steaming them briefly.
-Drink room temperature or warm liquids. Avoid iced drinks.
-Eat smaller meals more often to keep your blood sugar even and ease your digestion.
-Eat at least two hours before bedtime to give your system time to digest. Eating too close to bedtime can cause heartburn or insomnia.
-Ginger and Hawthorne are two common herbs used in Chinese medicine to help digestion. Ginger is good for calming an upset stomach and can be found in teas or can be grated raw into hot water. Hawthorne is used to help ease digestion and can be found in capsules, teas, or candy.
Lynn Jaffee is a licensed acupuncturist specializing in acupuncture health care for women. She has a clinic in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. For more information check out www.acupunctureinthepark.com
Hot Topics In Chinese Medicine
Within our system of explanation there is no reason why the needleprick should be followed by an improvement of the liver function. Therefore we say it cannot happen....as a matter of empirical fac...
To enhance the curative effects of needle acupuncture, fire acupuncture is also used. They are both 2 useful methodologies in curing illnesse...
Sticking needles in your system or taking an extra set of herbs every day is not what the holistic approach to medicine is all about. By working towards healing, gaini...
- Traditional Chinese Medicine - Is It Safe?
- Making Use Of Science To Establish Chinese Medicine
- Chinese Medicine And Its Benefits
- The Use Of Science To Establish Chinese Medicine
- The role of Chinese herbs in Chinese cooking and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Ginseng: The Mystical Healer
- An introduction to the Principles and Practice of Energy Medicine
- Traditional Chinese medicine - Back To The Plants
- Astragalus Root - Can It Help You Feel Better?
- Believe It Or Not Coca-Cola Is Investigating Chinese Medicines
- Chinese Medicine For Breast Health
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and Infertility
- Safety Concerns for Chinese Medicines
- Traditional Chinese medicine for diabetes has scientific backing
- Traditional Chinese Medicine: A Basic Understanding
- Acupuncture And Chinese Medicine
- Traditional Chinese Medicine - A Basic Understanding
- What Is Traditional Chinese Medicine?
- Chinese Medicine plus homeopathy - Interview with Gerald St. Clair of Ridgecrest Herbals
- Traditional Chinese Medicine - Should I Try Acupuncture?
- Abdominal Pain
- Cardio Exercise
- Cervical Cancer
- Child Health
- Face Care
- Fasting and Cleansing
- Genital Herpes
- Infectious Disease
- Joubert Syndrome
- Juice Therapy
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Myocardial Infarction
- Oily Skin
- Oral Surgery
- Pain Management
- Personal Training
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Senior Health
- Skin Disorders
- Thyroid Cancer
- Trail Running
- Wilson's Disease
- Alternative A-Z | Beauty A-Z | Disease & Conditions A-Z | Fitness A-Z | Health A-Z | Home Life A-Z | Medicine A-Z | Remedies A-Z | Disease Therapy A-Z
- Health Topics | Articles | Encyclopedia | Glossaries | Directories | Archives | Rss Channel | Blog | China Health Online | 365 Health Online | InfoDaily
- ADHD Remedies
- Alternative Medicine
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Chinese Medicine
- Complementary Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Flower Remedies
- Folk Medicine
- Healing Remedies
- Healthy Recipes
- Herbal Medicines
- Herbal Remedies
- Herbs Medicine
- Holistic Remedies
- Home Remedies
- Integrated Medicine
- Natural Remedies
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Tibetan Medicine
- Western Medicine