Alternative and Natural Treatments For Hyperacidity
Generally, hyperacidity is a condition caused by the excessive formation of acid in the stomach, in which patient feels a burning sensation. In order to understand the cause of this, it is necessary to know that the stomach produces a number of juices that are necessary for digestion.
One of them is a dilute form of hydrochloric acid, which is needed to break down complex foods such as proteins. Indigestion is frequently caused by the consumption of over-large meals particularly when these are of fatty nature. Globules of excess fat, not being digested in the stomach, are inclined to coat other food and slow down the digestive process. This causes the stomach to supply more digestive juices, including acid, with resulting discomfort caused by gas formation.
Common Causes of Hyperacidity
There could be a lot reasons or causes for the flare-up of hyperacidity. It could be idiopathic, or arising from an unknown cause. The flare-up of hyperacidity could also be related to some behavioral or diet factors, such as prolonged ingestion of aspirin or some anti-inflammatory drug, prolonged alcohol ingestion, eating spicy and highly seasoned food like chilly, pickles, etc. Stress could also be an important cause for hyperacidity as well as heavy smoking.
Common Symptoms of Hyperacidity
The most common symptoms of hyperacidity are : A steady pain of short duration in upper abdomen immediately following a large or spicy meal or aspirin ingestion; Nausea, vomiting, and loss of desire to eat which may persist for 1-2 days; Heartburn or sour belching; Early repletion or satiety after meals; A sense of abdominal distension or 'bloating'; Flatulence (burping, belching); Vomiting of blood or blood in stools.
Effective Herbal Remedies For Hyperacidity
There are a lot of suggested herbal concoctions and remedies for naturally curing hyperacidity. Here are three popular and effective methods for treating this condition:
- Carrot and Cabbage juice. To prepare, wash and slice in small pieces one big carrot and 1/4 kilo cabbage. Osterize the carrots and cabbage with 2 glasses of water. Strain and add 1 tablespoon sugar. Adding sugar is optional. Keep the mixture in the refrigerator to cool, and be sure to prepare for one day's supply only. Drink one glass of the carrot and cabbage juice 30 minutes before meals, and when there is gastric pain.
- Olive oil. Take one teaspoon of olive oil 30 minutes before meals for severe symptoms.
Do this only when there are symptoms, since olive oil may increase cholesterol blood level.
- Peppermint. Although there are more than 30 species of mint, peppermint is one of the most popular, with its purple-laced stems and bright green leaves. Peppermint is widely utilized as a food, flavoring and disinfectant. As a medicine, peppermint is famous for its effects on the stomach and intestines.
Peppermint is a tasty way to relieve gas, nausea, and stomach pain due to an irritable bowel, intestinal cramps, or indigestion. Peppermint is a carminative, or an agent that dispels gas and bloating in the digestive system and an antispasmodic capable of relieving stomach and intestinal cramps. Peppermint can be used for too much stomach acid (hyperacidity) and gastroenteritis, and it is safe for infants with colic.
Hot Topics In Natural Remedies
getting the wrong advice from doctors and are sticking with
medications which have more side effects than agent orange.
There has been an up-surge in herbal stress remedies in recent years. Everybody these days seems to suffer from stress. Nevertheless stress is a killer! Not to c...
- Naturally Treat Urinary Tract Infection- How Berries Beat the UTI Bacteria
- The 10 Keys to Branding Your Massage Therapy Business
- Ginger The Alternative Medicine
- Evening Primrose Oil And Health Benefits
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Herbal Home and Natural Remedies For Dandruff Cure
- Natural Cure for Yeast Infection
- Best Natural Remedy For Cellulite
- Natural Remedies for Stroke
- Hydrotherapeutic Procedures for Natural Pain Relief
- Start Taking Nutritional Supplements for Natural Skin Glow
- Kidney Stones Treatments- Natural Ways to Dissolve and Cure Kidney Stones
- Is Natural Therapy Right For You?
- Hoodia: The Herbal Natural Remedy for Weight Loss
- Cranberries Can Save Lives
- Natural Urinary Tract Infection Remedy- Your pH and Vitamin C Working Together
- Benefits of the Acai Berry
- Natural Lifetime Health Products Program Rate Sale
- Natural Colon Cleanser - Benefits and Importance
- Addiction Treatments
- Bad Breath
- Bowel Cancer
- Color Blindness
- Cosmetics Advice
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Elliptical Trainers
- Energy Therapy
- Environmental Health
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Hair Care
- Health Supplements
- Heart Attack
- Ingrown Toenail
- Kidney Stone
- Liver Cancer
- Memory Loss
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Music therapy
- Natural Hygiene
- Perthes Disease
- Pre Menstrual Syndrome
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Skin Care
- Smelly Feet
- Stress Management
- Viral Infections
- Alternative A-Z | Beauty A-Z | Disease & Conditions A-Z | Fitness A-Z | Health A-Z | Home Life A-Z | Medicine A-Z | Remedies A-Z | Disease Therapy A-Z
- Health Topics | Articles | Encyclopedia | Glossaries | Directories | Archives | Rss Channel | Blog | China Health Online | 365 Health Online | InfoDaily
- ADHD Remedies
- Alternative Medicine
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Chinese Medicine
- Complementary Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Flower Remedies
- Folk Medicine
- Healing Remedies
- Healthy Recipes
- Herbal Medicines
- Herbal Remedies
- Herbs Medicine
- Holistic Remedies
- Home Remedies
- Integrated Medicine
- Natural Remedies
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Tibetan Medicine
- Western Medicine